This agent will monitor availability of a network or local TCP/IP service, by sending custom data to a configured port and waiting for a response. The most common use of this agent is to monitor web applications by sending a GET request.
The agent supports both local and remote modes.
Service monitoring can be used for any TCP/IP service of any application.
The following parameters are available for configuration:
- Port: the TCP/IP port to monitor.
- Data: the agent will open a connection on the above port and send this data as a request.
- Read timeout: number of milliseconds to wait for a response before considering the service as unavailable. Note: setting this to 0 will cause the agent to not expect a reply.
The agent will populate the following values:
- Response time: Time it takes to send data to service and get the full reply
- Misses: The number of times the service did not respond to requests
- Time to connect: The time it takes to set up a connection to the service
- Time to write: The time it takes to send all data to the service
- Bytes in reply: The nubmer of bytes in reply from service
- Service reply: Actual data received from service.